What will happen ULTIMATELY—

We are treating this planet as a free treaty—without knowing its end-results or horrible consequences.
Here’s a short story to make everyone aware—aware from what will happen ultimately.

Do read this till the very end… If you’re got some more like this, use this thread to share yours…

“Sleep early, Peter,” said mom to dad with a sigh, “you know na we’ve to board tomorrow at 4 am.” “Yes, how can I forget—the D-Day is tomorrow,” dad said instantly.
Mom staring—
“ Ok, I’ll be in bed in just 10 minutes,” dad persuaded. “My favourite show will be ending in 10 minutes.”
“James, Alex—sleep now…. Are you done with your packing?” “Yes mum, we’re almost done,” I replied and shrugged. Mom asked us to put our luggage collectively in the dining room so that it’ll be easy to find them tomorrow. We did that, and greeted: Good night mom and dad, and headed towards our room.
So we’re all on our way to the Easter Island. We are happy, but at the same time, ready for a jolly hectic flight. “I can’t sleep tonight,” I said to Alex. “Same with me too. Let’s try at least. Good night,” said Alex relaxing.
“Wake up Alex; wake up James,” mom shouted as usual. But today it felt a little different—or were we?
We woke up, brushed, and did all the usual morning chores. “We’re good to go for launch,” Alex said, and laughed, and I was thinking from which sci-fi film did he copied!
“Beep-beep.” American Airlines’ Taxi arrived strictly at 3:30 a.m. Shortly after, we opened our doors at Los Angeles International Airport, CA. No sooner did I kept my left leg on the floor, much like Neil Armstrong on moon, mom warned both of us: “Don’t get lost, stay with your dad.” “That sounded reasonable,” I murmured, as I see premises full of people.
After all paper-works, checking, and all that were done—in which I was not at all interested—we headed towards Terminal No. 5, where we’ve to board the plane to Santiago. We all were excited, without knowing that this travel was about to change our lives—or lifestyle, rather—for ever-and-ever.
After hours of flight, quite hectic although, we finally landed in Santiago, Chile. We enjoyed ourselves much for two days here, and was ready to leave for the Easter Island.
Today is the very next day, and we’re on Easter Island. We realised, though quite early, that we should hire any travel agent to get most out of our travel. We particularly wanted to know the rich history of the island. We contacted travel services, and thereafter got one—
His name is Alec McMillian. He was not only an awesome guide but also a fantastic storyteller. It’s icing on the cake because it’s cool to have a storyteller along, particularly in a historical place! Among all the stories that he told us, I found story of the moais the most interesting. And here goes the story; courtesy: Mr. McMillian—
“Though there’re many stories behind how these statues came to this site,” he said thoughtfully, “but the one I’m gonna tell you is one that’s widely accepted.
So our story begins in 400 AD when the Polynesians colonised this island. That isn’t any sort of speculation. And it’s said that they made those hundreds of statues. But we got first written account in 1722 when Dutch admiral Roggeven arrived on this island. Do you know, Alex and James, he quizzed, “Why Easter Island is named so?”
We said ‘No’ instantly—though with disappointment—but zealously. His eyes lit up to explain us, he said: “That’s because Mr. Roggeven arrived on—”
“Easter Sunday. So to remark that day, he named it Easter Island,” Alex poked in between, maybe to show his reasoning skills.
“Yes—you got that right.”
“What happened next?” I asked full of curiosity. And this time after he started, we never interrupted, being quite lost in 400—imagining every word he was saying.
“According to Roggeven, about 3,000 islanders lived a wretched existence. They all were small, lean, and timid. The island had little forest area, and drinking water came from murky lakes. Amidst all the squalor that he saw, he saw something amazing—about 800 massive stone statues lying end-to-end. He had a mountain of questions, and tried to ask from the islanders, but they didn’t gave him any reply. After this a series of wild speculations started.”
“But relax, I’ll not go on them, as they’ve no hands or legs!” he said as to give a disclaimer in between.
“After this all happened,” he said with a sigh, “it was left to scientists and historians to piece together the story. Scientists have discovered that in earlier days the island was thickly forested, and wasn’t too populous. But as the population grew, their needs grew along, too. For fulfilling these needs—making boats and rows, houses, firewood, etc.—they started to cut forest recklessly; without knowing it’s serious consequences. And beknownst to everyone, they faced serious threats. Resources started to deplete—and to make their livelihood, they exploited environment, and biodiversity even more. Soon they were in dilemma—as they neither had too much resources nor any escape from the island, as it’s thousands of kilometres far from any other landmass. So they got divided into clans and to show their power erected stone statues, or moais. But at last nothing left, not even the islanders!” he completed the story.
He then asked, “How was the story?” And we replied nothing—lost in our own world. After a moment we said—coming back to the Earth, “It was all very nice.”
Then he went on to explain the moral of the story: With this story I don’t mean to say that peoples of Easter Island was somehow different from us; they were totally like us—creatures of habit. And that led to their destruction, ultimately. So Did you understand how important it’s to save nature and biodiversity? We said ‘Ya,’ understanding wholly.

DISCLAIMER—

Originally written for TUNZA ECO GEN. This is a reproduction of that work.
Though there are many explanations to the mystery of Easter Island—about a thousand stone statues, and disappearance of early Rapa Nui peoples—the one stated in the above story is meant or stated only to connect it to the concerned topic. No intention of popularizing this theory, or something like that, is behind the scene. I don’t take, neither do I hereby give, any responsibility of the 100% correctness of the data used in this story, as this case still remains a mystery.

FOOTNOTES, REFERENCES, and BIBLIOGRAPHY —
For piecing together this story, many facts and information was required. To gather the same different sources—internet, books, encyclopaedias, videos, and papers—which are assumed to be reliable have been used. Credits for the same are follows:

“What really happened on Easter Island,” YouTube, https://youtu.be/YEp8qesTVg0 ; by Amy Shira Teitel (@astVintageSpace on Twitter), Discovery News, and Seeker.

“Explore Easter Island’s Lesser Known Natural Wonders.” National Geographic. Online. Accessed on August 1, 2020. Available: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/travel/destinations/oceania/easter-island/polynesia-things-to-see-natural-wonders/

“The Ecosystem.” Byju’s. Online. Accessed on August 3, 2020. Available: https://byjus.com/videos/the-ecosystem/

2 Likes

It’s really great to read this ama,ing story…
Your stories are just a masterpiece @vritantkumar . I’m never bored throughout.
It’s great.

Thanks for your comment… I hope you liked the story!!

2 Likes

That’s great!!!
@vritantkumar … I loved your article

1 Like

I’ll love to read more by you…
When you’ll posting again, @vritantkumar ???

1 Like

Not pretty sure, @johnson, but it’ll be not too late…
Hope you liked the story!